About the Role
Our Interior Styling side of our business is rapidly evolving and represents an exciting opportunity to grow with the business. You will be presented with the opportunity to work as an Interior Stylist, conducting in-home consultations across Victoria and virtual consultations nationally.
The core of this role is to give our customers a unique and friendly styling and shopping experience by:
- Conducting residential styling consults in-homes, virtually and in-store
- Presenting mood boards, styling advice, schedules, documentation & quotes
- Seeing a consult through from booking to installation
- Driving and processing sales and special orders, as well as managing relationships and sales via email, Lightspeed, Monday, Zoom and more
- Responding to ongoing customer enquiries and managing client relationships
- Occasionally assisting with covers on the retail floor
- Assisting with the execution of the Fenton & Fenton Interior Styling business plan, including marketing, events and customer relations
- Meeting quarterly sales targets, identifying sales opportunities and new clients, and driving foot traffic into the showroom.
Your skills, experience and attitude
We’re looking for a design-focussed, detail-minded and technically skilled mid-weight Interior Decorator/Stylist. The perfect candidate will bring a mix of styling skills, sales experience, initiative and a can-do attitude to the team. The role is suited to a self-starter who is eager to demonstrate and develop their design and styling skills, someone who loves the thrill of the chase and can see a project through from consult to install. To be successful, you’ll also need:
- An Interior Design qualification and proficiency working with the Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD or ArchiCAD, Canva and the creation of mood boards and schedules
- Proven design skills and residential experience is essential
- An exceptional eye for design with a strong aesthetic
- Highly organised with the desire to work in a fast-paced creative environment
- The ability to think on your feet, respond to client’s desires and design challenges and bring a resolved interior solution to the table
- Retail experience preferable, with experience working with point of sales systems, inventory management and virtual meetings
- The ability to act on new opportunities and juggle a busy workload
- Excellent face-to-face and relationship building, communication and presentation skills
- A self-motivated, proactive and confident approach to selling and building relationships over time
- Passion and knowledge of designer furniture, artwork, fabrication and specification, floorplans and associated fit-out products.
Things to Note
Based in Prahran, you will deal with walk-in clients, online bookings and enquiries that come via our customer care channel.
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, please submit your CV and cover letter ASAP. This is your chance to be part of our highly creative, hard-working, passionate and growing team!
Please note that only applicants meeting the criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the short-listing process.