About the Role
We’re enjoying an exciting growth phase and we currently have a great opportunity for a Planning Assistant to join our close-knit and supportive team.
Reporting through to our Category Planning Manager, this role will provide critical support to the Planning team to help deliver demand and merchandise plans for the business.
- Local supplier management - placing and forecasting orders with local suppliers
- Special order management
- Managing and preparing reports to support an effective planning and buying process
- PO raising and maintenance
- Working with our Product team on new product launches
- Support the communication around production and delivery times across the wider business
- Respond to Customer Care queries regarding timelines and quantities
- Ad-hoc administrative tasks
Your skills, experience and attitude
You’ll have outstanding administrative and organisational skills, and attention to detail is one of your strengths. Your love of furniture and homewares, coupled with your great attitude and hands-on approach will ensure you thrive in this busy role.
You’ll come from a planning background, and ideally you’ll also be able to tick most of these boxes:
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role within the retail industry, ideally with some experience gained in furniture or homewares
- Bachelors degree in Business or relevant field is desirable
- Solid administration and customer service experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong relationship building and stakeholder management capability
- Intermediate MS Excel skills and ability to pick up new systems quickly
- Demonstrated reporting and analysis experience.
You’re an enthusiastic and proactive person who’s keen to join a small but fun team with an amazing work culture. You’re highly skilled with a great attention to detail and able to multitask while working calmly and efficiently under pressure. You will have excellent stakeholder engagement skills, strong emotional intelligence and be confident in managing key relationships both internally and with external agencies.
Things to Note
We offer a hybrid working environment with a mix of working from home and in our creative workspace based at The Commons in South Yarra where you can enjoy weekly breakfasts, yoga, meditation and more!
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, please submit your CV and cover letter ASAP. This is your chance to be part of our highly creative, hard-working, passionate and growing team!
Please note that only applicants meeting the criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the short-listing process.