About the Role
This is a busy role where no two days are the same! One day you might be assisting with a stocktake, the next you’ll be loading and unloading furniture from our Warehouse to our showroom, or hanging art in our new gallery. In the process you’ll get to learn all the ins and outs of warehousing, furniture moving, basic carpentry, shop fitting and picture hanging.
In a nutshell you might find yourself doing:
- Inventory management (eg. stocktake, transfers, store replenishment, property styling hires, photo shoot hire and audits)
- Supporting the visual merchandising team with in-store installations
- Hanging art in our gallery or showroom
- Small carpentry projects
- Assisting with furniture repairs and assembly
- Coordinating building maintenance and managing trades for larger projects
- Loading and unloading trucks (learning the art of packing and tie downs)
- Bumping-in furniture and art for showroom and gallery merchandising, property styling, photo shoots and exhibitions
Your skills, experience and attitude
We’re looking for someone who loves variety and is good at making stuff happen! You might already have some relevant experience gained in either the warehousing or carpentry/furniture-making/set-building space, but if you’re totally green with the right attitude that’s great too. We’re actively looking to support your career growth with training and mentoring, so as long as you’re energetic, proactive, know your way around a computer and willing to learn then you’ll fit right in.
Ideally you’ll also have:
- Experience in a physically-active role and ability to assist with heavy lifting
- Experience in hanging paintings, art installation, and furniture repair would also be ideal but not essential
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills with the ability to learn new systems easily
- Ability to think on your feet and take a proactive approach to your work
- A willingness to learn and grow to develop a long-term career in a great team
If you think you can help us get stuff done, we’d love to hear from you. Please hit apply and make sure you submit a CV and cover letter ASAP. This is your chance to be part of our highly creative, hard-working, passionate and growing team!
For more details about life at Fenton & Fenton, our culture first approach and our workplace perks, visit our Careers page.
Please note that only applicants meeting the criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the short-listing process.