About the Role
This side of our business is rapidly evolving and represents an exciting opportunity to be part of this growth. You will be presented with the opportunity to work as a Trade Specialist, working with Interior Designers, Architects and Stylists.
The core scope of this role will see you:
- Establish and develop engaging relationships with Designers, Architects, Stylists and end users
- Grow trade sales to achieve / exceed both personal and trade team targets, reporting on sales activity monthly
- Manage, maintain and coordinate sales and special orders from sale through to delivery, in conjunction with our logistics and warehousing team
- Manage relationships and sales process via email, Lightspeed, Monday, Zoom and more
- Assist with the execution of the Fenton & Fenton Trade business plan, including marketing, events and customer relations
- Meeting quarterly sales targets, identifying sales opportunities and new clients, and driving foot traffic into the showroom
- Be an active contributor in team meetings, training sessions and team building activities.
Your skills, experience and attitude
We’re looking for a design-focussed, detail-minded and relationship oriented trade specialist. The perfect candidate will bring a mix of sales experience, relationship management and development, initiative and a can-do attitude to the team. The role is suited to a self-starter who is eager to demonstrate and develop their business development skills, someone who loves the thrill of the chase and can see a project through from enquiry to install. To be successful, you’ll need:
- At least 3 years’ of trade or business development experience in either the retail, design or furniture industries
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent face-to-face and relationship building, communication and presentation skills
- Highly organised with the desire to work in a fast-paced creative environment
- The ability to think on your feet, respond to client’s desires and design challenges and bring a resolved solutions to the table
- Retail experience preferable, with experience working with point of sale systems and inventory management
- The ability to sell premium products and artwork
- The ability to act on new opportunities and juggle a busy workload
- A self-motivated, proactive and confident approach to selling and building relationships over time
- Passion and knowledge of designer furniture, artwork, fabrication and specification, floorplans and associated fit-out products.
Things to Note
We offer a hybrid working environment with a mix of working from home and in our offices based in South Yarra and above the shop in Prahran.
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, please submit your CV and cover letter ASAP. This is your chance to be part of our highly creative, hard-working, passionate and growing team!
Please note that only applicants meeting the criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the short-listing process.