To enhance the functionality of your dhurrie, you may like to consider purchasing an underlay. This will add softness and help to prevent 'dhurrie creep' on hard floors. It is slightly tacky, approximately 4mm thick and the dhurrie is simply laid over it, preserving its reversibility. This can be ordered from King's Rug Wash in Oakleigh.
1. Call Kings Rug Wash - 9965-7331
2. Give them your rug dimensions. Kings will generally cut the underlay within 48 business hours
3. Choose to have the underlaysent or if you are in Melbourne they will deliver and lay it for you.
Caring for your Carpet
- Vacuum regularly on a low-power setting to prevent debris from settling into roots of the fibres. Use a vacuum cleaner without a beater brush as it may cause damage to the pile.
- Shedding of loose fibres will occur but will diminish over time. Expect the most shedding to occur within the first 3-6 months.
- Remove spills immediately; if liquid, blot with clean, un-dyed cloth by pressing firmly around the spill to absorb as much as possible.
- Avoid direct and contnuous exposure to sunlight.
- Do not pull loose ends. Clip them with scissors to remove.